Monday, November 3, 2008

SAFF treasures


Things I bought at Saff. Two new bobbins for my Kromski spinning wheels. Lavdender sachets.
A sock blank just because I had never used one and love the colors in this. It is easy to knit and feels nice and soft. The roving is all from Whirlwind Ranch. Their alpaca is the softest I have found. The two color rovings spin up beautifully.
We drove up on Friday in pouring rain that lasted all day. But Saturday was beautiful and a great day for fiber fun. Saff gets bigger every year so by Sat. afternoon there was quite a crowd. It was so much fun to see what all the vendors have. I never did get out to see the animals but did see some lovely rabbits.
If you plan to go to this event you need to make hotel reservations two months in advance as they fill up at this time of year.

No comments: