Sunday, May 13, 2007

Just got home from a week at the John C. Campbell Folk School. It was a great week. I studied Aran knitting with Charley Orlando. There were 10 of us in the class, all very compatible, and we had a great time. I learned to read my knitting when making cables or gansey patterns. Previously I had followed line by line with the pattern. Now I can make my own patterns. It gives such a felling of freedom. His motto all week was "You can do whatever you want to do." Charley was a great teacher and anyone who has a chance would love his class.

I chose to have the vegetarian meals and they were wonderful. Came home with the recipes, just have to cut them down from 50 servings.

The pictures below are the Keith House where they have the large meeting room with a stage, the offices, the library and the coffee room. Downstairs is a studio and upstairs are rooms for students.

Carlton is standing in front of the cabinet he made. It is really beautiful and he sure did a lot of work in one week. The knitting picture is of things we did in our class. My work is the tan start of the full size sweater. I will post a few more pictures later.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Very nice photos, Tricia. I want to take a class there!